Uncle Charlie's Wallet
Made in Alaska!
An "Uncle Charlie" is referred to as a curve ball, a type of pitch that curves away as it nears the batter. Unfortunately, the etymology for the phrase is rather elusive. Throughout history there has only been a handful of pitchers who could throw a wicked "Uncle Charlie" - Sandy Koufax, Dwight Gooden, Satchel Paige, and Nolan Ryan.
Custom vs. Random
You get a sneak peek into my quiver of baseball gloves by selecting “Custom” from the dropdown menu. Within 24 hours of your purchase, I will e-mail you pictures of each glove - you choose your favorite (each glove is unique in its embossments, brand names, player endorsement, or other writings).
By selecting “Random”, you get to enjoy the excitement of not knowing which specific wallet you will receive! The wallet may include any leather combination and may come from multiple vintage baseball gloves.
- Each wallet is hand stitched together with yellow Barbour's linen thread (6 cord, Made in USA).
- Edges are beveled and hand-burnished with beeswax.
- Shipped out with a coat of neatsfoot/bees wax conditioner.
- One bill pocket + two credit card pockets.
- Holds up to 5 credit cards in each pocket
Vintage Baseball Glove Leather***:
- Handmade with leather from antique/vintage baseball gloves.
- Most gloves are from the 1940's-1960's and occasionally dip into the 1930's or 1970's.
- The gloves must have been made in the USA.
- The gloves must be obsolete because of issues such as: stitching coming apart, missing lacing, and/or in need of some repair.
4. 1/2" x 3 3/8" (folded).
Handmade to order. Please allow up to 2 weeks for shipment. FREE shipping over $100 within the USA!
***Each wallet will contain some sort of embossment such as the brand's name, model, players endorsement, or any other kind of writing. Also, a wallet may contain the original manufactures needle holes, lacing ovals, or general wear from use on the diamond!