America's Pastime Pennant
I began repurposing vintage baseball gloves into wallets a couple years ago and since that time I've accumulated a lot of scrap leather. I've been contemplating what to do with my mound of scraps for quite awhile, knowing that a lot of it was still usable.
This is why Mack Provisions has teamed up with Oxford Pennant to come out with vintage style pennants. Each wool pennant is proudly handmade at the Oxford Pennant warehouse in Buffalo, NY. Then at the Mack Provisions shop, each letter is cut from my scrap pile of vintage ball glove leather and sewn onto the pennants using my hand-crank operated c.1915 Singer 66.
- Each pennant is completely unique and no two are the same. It will contain lettering from multiple vintage baseball gloves and you get to enjoy the excitement receiving the pennant at random!
- Each letter is stitched together with tex 80 yellow thread from A&E - North Carolina, USA.
- Each letter is die cut from steel dies that were manufactured by Texas Custom Dies - Texas, USA.
Vintage Baseball Glove Leather:
- Each letter is made with repurposed leather from antique/vintage baseball gloves.
- Most gloves are from the 1940's - 1960's and occasionally dip into the 1930's or 1970's.
- The gloves must have been made in the USA.
- The gloves must be obsolete because of such things as: stitching coming apart, missing lacing, and/or in need of some repair.
- 9" x 27"
Handmade to order. Please allow up to 2 weeks for shipment. FREE shipping over $100 within the USA!